Current Students

When do I get my timetable?

Your class timetable will be given to you at or after the International Student Orientation if you are commencing a new program or when you complete your re-enrolment if you are continuing studies in a program. For further information on timetables please contact your relevant CIT Centre (e.g. English Language Centre for students studying English) or the Pastoral Care Support Officer for your program.  If you do not have the contact details for your Pastoral Care Support Officer please contact the International Services Unit for this information.

How can I get my award (Certificate) and Official Transcripts?

To receive your Certificate or Official Transcripts, you will need to complete an Application for Award form and the Request for Transcript or Compliance form and submit it to the CIT Student Services. An Application for Award and Request for Transcript or Compliance form can be found on the International website's Publications and Forms page. You can also pick up these forms from any of the CIT Student Services or from the International Services Unit.

What do I need to do to get a Completion Letter?

For the International Services Unit to do a Completion Letter (for Immigration purposes), you will need to submit your Official Academic Transcripts to the International Services Unit. The letter will be either done when you lodge this information or if will be sent to both your email and postal addresses - this will depend on how busy the International Services Unit may be on the day.

Who can I ask for help once I start studying?

The International Services Unit is open 9:00am to 5:00pm Monday to Friday (and only until 3.00pm on Wednesday's). There are Student Advisors that will be able to assist you with any problems that you may experience while studying. Such matters could include stress, fitting in and/or adjusting to your new lifestyle. The staff at the International Services Unit can also give you support and  help you to get in contact with additional support services.

CIT has a range of support services available to you also. Please see the Support Services for more information.

When can I start work?

If your student visa was granted on or after 26 April 2008 you can commence working once you have started your studies at CIT.  If your student visa was granted before 26 April 2008 you may need to apply for permission to work with the Department of Immigration and Border Protection.  Please check your visa status with the Department of Immigration and Border Protection if you student visa was granted before 26 April 2008. You will be allowed to work a maximum of 40 hours a fortnight during the term, not including work that is a formally registered part of your course, and unlimited hours during recognised periods of vacation. For further information see Working in Canberra.

How do I claim with Allianz Care Australia?

You can claim in person, at a branch, or online via Myhealth or the AllianzCare App. For more information about your OSHC policy, extras cover, finding a doctor, and making a claim, visit or phone them on 13 OSHC (13 6742).

Who do I contact if I have not received my OSHC card?

Your e-membership card is available through the app, you will need to have to registered your policy through MyHealth This policy number can also be found on your CoEs. You will also need to provide your family name information.