CIT Bruce Residence
CIT Bruce Residence, CIT's on-campus accommodation, has been built in a semi-bush environment on the grounds of CIT Bruce, located on the northside of Canberra. The residence is a 3 minute walk from classrooms, canteen, library, gym and the International Services Unit.
- 3 minute walk to classrooms, the canteen, library and gym at CIT Bruce campus.
- Short walk to restaurants, cafés and the Australian Institute of Sport.
- Quick bus ride to Westfield Shopping Centre, plus sport, leisure and entertainment clubs.
- 15 minute car ride to Canberra's City centre.
- 48 rooms and 30 private car parking spaces.
- Shared bathroom, laundry facilities, kitchen, recreational room, courtyard, and barbeque area.
- Bus stops are a 2 minute walk away from the residence.
Each room contains:
- single bed
- built-in wardrobe
- full length mirror
- built-in large study desk with light
- shelving and drawers
- study chair
- bed lamp
- small refrigerator
- phone lines
- mattress protector
- free Wi-Fi
Students need to supply their own bed linen, blankets, pillow and towels.
The kitchen has:
- lockable cupboards for non-perishable foods
- vacuum cleaner
- mop and bucket
- dustpan and brush
- iron and ironing board.
Students need to provide cutlery, crockery, cooking utensils, cleaning products and their own food.
Rent and Bond
Rent is kept affordable to ensure student residences are available to most students. The accommodation fee includes room, water, electricity and heating.
- Room type: Private single room
- Weekly rate: AUD $180*
- Bond: AUD $720*
Rent and Bond Details
Rent is $180.00* (AUD) per week.
- When you first move into the residence you must pay a terms rent in advance, or fortnightly payments can be arranged.
- You must also lodge a bond (totalling 4 weeks rent).
- If you stay in for the term break you will be charged the normal weeks rent.
- If you are away for the term break you will be charged $20.00* (AUD) per week and may be asked to place your belongings in storage.
Bond is $720.00* (AUD) or 4 weeks rent.
- All students pay that amount on signing a contract
- You will receive your bond back on vacating your room when you return your keys. This is under the condition that your room is left clean, there is no damage caused to CIT property, and there are no outstanding fees owing.
Apply for Accommodation Online
For more information about CIT’s accommodation options please contact CIT's Accommodation Officer:
Phone: +61 2 6207 4661
*Fees subject to change.