About CIT, Canberra's TAFE
The Canberra Institute of Technology (CIT) is Canberra's TAFE; the largest technical and vocational education provider in the Australian Capital Territory (ACT). We offer small class sizes, world-class facilities, practical hands-on learning, industry placement opportunities and study pathways to leading Australian universities.
CIT is your first step on an incredible journey.
CIT Quick Facts
- 90 years of vocational education in Canberra and over 25 years of teaching international students.
- 20,000 students each year, including over 1000 international students.
- ACT government institution with courses delivered to Australian national standards.
- Canberra's Technical and Further Education (TAFE*) institute.
- 5 campuses across Canberra.
- Over 1,000 staff employed by CIT
- World-class facilities including simulated training environments, libraries and information technology resources, plus new sporting and recreational centres.
- Affordable on-campus and off-campus student accommodation.
- Dedicated International Services Unit.
- Over 80 internationally-recognised courses available to international students.
- Industry placement opportunities
- Study pathways to leading Australian universities.
- Highly skilled teachers with industry knowledge, experience and connections.
- Modern teaching methods including online learning and live virtual classrooms.
CIT offers Certificate to Bachelor Degree level qualifications designed for people who want to study for a career, gain new skills, change careers or prepare for further study. Our internationally-recognised courses offer practical experience, not just theory, so students graduate with invaluable industry skills and connections.
- Art, Design & Multimedia
- Business, Accounting & IT
- Community Services & Medical Care
- English & Study Preparation
- Fitness, Health & Beauty
- Hospitality, Tourism & Events
- Science, Construction & Environment
- CIT Bachelor Degrees
We have welcomed thousands of international students from over 100 countries in the past decade, creating a rich and vibrant campus culture that celebrates diversity and inclusion.
Discover more about CIT through our Student Stories.
CIT offers a wide range of support services and facilities to assist international students in successfully completing their studies and enhance their personal lives during their stay in Canberra.
From pre-enrolment support to support during your studies, we've got you covered.
Find out more at Facilities and Support Services.
*TAFE institutes in Australia are government owned and have a long history of helping international students reach their career goals. International students attend TAFE institutes to complete courses that range from certificate to postgraduate level. For more information see What is TAFE and VET?