Payment Options, Fees and Refunds
Here is some important information to help you with fee payment, refunds and other financial matters that may affect you as a student studying at the Canberra Institute of Technology.
Important Things to Remember
Keep records of all payments and proof of payment.
- These including cheque and money order stubs, bank and credit card statements and receipt details.
Pay full semester fees before the start of semester.
- International students are required to pay their full semester fees before the commencement of each new semester. All new students will be issued with CIT bank account details for payment once you have met all conditions on your Letter of Offer.
- You are able to pay your fees by credit card over the phone, through telegraph transfer in Australian dollars or through Flywire for payment in International currency.
- If you experience financial difficulties any time during your studies at CIT, please contact CIT International to discuss options that maybe put in place to assist you at that time.
Keep your contact details up to date at all times.
- CIT International sends out invoices to students prior to the due date, so it is important to keep all your contact details up to date at all times (e.g. home address, mobile phone number, email, postal address etc.).
- This is one of your student visa requirements. If CIT International staff don't have your new contact information, it means they cannot contact you to send you important information and invoices.
- If you need to change your address, please fill out the Student Change of Address Form.
Payment in Australian Dollars
- Fees may be paid by telegraphic transfer or by credit card. Contact us for payment details.
- Please forward a copy of your receipt to ISFinance@cit.edu.au or fax to +61 2 62074666.
International Currency Payment:
- Fees may be paid by through Flywire by telegraphic transfer or by credit card. Contact us for payment details.
- Please forward a copy of your receipt to email@example.com.
- Flywire International Currency Payment.
- Canberra Institution of Technology has partnered with Flywire to provide you with an easy and secure method of sending international payments. Depending on your home country, payment options can include local bank transfer, credit card, e-payments, e-wallets, and more.
- Students and payers will be able to track their payments from start to finish, save on bank fees and exchange rates and contact Flywire’s 24x7 multilingual customer support by live chat, phone, and email.
- To learn more, go to www.flywire.com/support. Details are provided upon acceptance of your letter of offer.
New and Continuing students:
- Pay by phone on +61 2 6207 3156 using your Credit card. A receipt will be emailed to you.
By Telegraphic transfer
- Contact us for payment details. A receipt will be emailed to you.
Tuition Fees & Refunds
Remember that course fees can change and you should refer to your letter of offer for the fee amount payable.
There may be additional fees payable for textbooks, stationery, uniforms, equipment, excursions or other costs connected to your course such as art materials, cooking or hairdressing kits. These extra costs are listed on the website and your letter of offerwithin your course information page. It is recommended that you clarify these additional costs with your Pastoral Care Officer.
English Language Course Fees
If you need to complete an English Language Intensive Course for Overseas Students (ELICOS) before you start your formal qualification, you will need to pay the fees for the ELICOS course as well.
Under certain circumstances, you may be eligible to obtain a refund for your student course fees. Refunds are subject to the Refund of Tuition Fees conditions which are found in the Entry Conditions Form on your letter of offer. For more information see Payment Options, Fees and Refunds.