Payment Options, Fees and Refunds
Here is some important information to help you with fee payment, refunds and other financial matters that may affect you as a student studying at the Canberra Institute of Technology.
Important Things to Remember
Keep records of ALL payments and PROOF OF PAYMENT.
- These including cheque and money order stubs, bank and credit card statements and receipt details.
Pay full semester fees before the start of semester.
- International students are required to pay their full semester fees before the commencement of each new semester. Please note: All new students will be issued with CIT bank account details for payment once you have met all conditions on your Letter of Offer.
- You are able to pay your fees at the International Services Unit (ISU) or CIT Student Services on the CIT Reid and CIT Bruce Campuses.
- If you experience financial difficulties any time during your studies at CIT, please contact ISU to discuss options that maybe put in place to assist you at that time.
Keep your contact details up-to-date AT ALL TIMES.
- The ISU sends out invoices to students prior to the due date, so it is important to keep all your contact details up to date at all times (e.g. home address, mobile phone number, email, postal address etc.).
- This is one of your student visa requirements. If the ISU staff don't have your new contact information it means they can't contact you to send you important information and invoices.
- If you need to change your address please fill out the Student Change of Address Form.
Electronic Payment – CIT's preferred method of payment
- Fees may be paid over the Internet. Contact us for payment details.
- Please forward a copy of your receipt to email@example.com or fax to +61 2 62074666.
- Fees may be paid by telegraphic transfer. Contact us for payment details.
- Please forward a copy of your receipt to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- At CIT Student Services on each campus via EFTPOS and Credit Card only. (Student Services do not accept cash payments.)
- At the ISU directly. Please present your Tuition fee invoice issued by ISU. For office location and hours see International Services Unit.
- At the ISU directly. For office location and hours see International Services Unit.
New and Continuing students:
- Pay by phone to ISU on +61 2 6207 4662 using your Credit card. A receipt will be posted out to you.
In the Mail
New and Continuing students:
- Post a cheque or money order to the ISU. A receipt will be posted out to you. For postal details see International Services Unit.
Tuition Fees & Refunds
There may be additional fees payable for classroom notes and texts, stationery, uniforms, equipment, excursions or other costs connected to your course such as art materials, cooking or hairdressing kits. These extra costs may be listed on the website within your course information page but it is recommended that you clarify these additional costs with your Pastoral Care Support Officer.
English Language Course Fees
If you need to complete an English Language Intensive Course for Overseas Students (ELICOS) before you start your formal qualification, you will need to pay the fees for the ELICOS course as well.
Under certain circumstances, you may be eligible to obtain a refund for your student course fees. Refunds are subject to the Refund of Tuition Fees conditions which are found in the Entry Conditions Form on your letter of offer. For more information see Payment Options, Fees and Refunds.