Understanding your Letter of Offer
What is a Letter of Offer (LoO)?
Once the CIT International Services Unit has received your Application Form, it will be assessed. If your application is successful it will be accepted and CIT will make you a formal offer in your nominated course. This document is called your Letter of Offer (LoO).
The LoO clearly lists the following:
- the course you have been accepted into
- the duration of your course
- fees you need to pay for your course; and
- fees for overseas student health cover.
The LoO will also explain:
- the entry conditions that you will need to read carefully before signing, plus information on your choices for accommodation and airport pick-up.
- the conditions that you will be required to meet in order for us to accept payment and issue your electronic Confirmation of Enrolment (eCOE).
After your application has been assessed, CIT will issue one of the following letters of offer:
- An Unconditional Offer: This provides you with an offer into the program with no conditions.
- A Conditional Offer: This offer states the conditions you need to meet before you are able to accept the letter of offer.
- A Package Offer: This offer will be issued if you have applied for more than one program or if you are required to complete an English Language Skills program before being eligible to commence studies in your nominated program. You must meet any conditions and accept all programs before payment can be made and an electronic Confirmation of Enrolment (eCOE) can be issued.
How to Accept your LoO
Accept your offer
To accept your letter of offer from CIT you must complete the following steps:
- Meet all the conditions of the letter of offer.
- Sign and return your Letter of Acceptance and the Entry Conditions Form
- Make the initial payment for Preparatory or English program (if applicable), Initial payment for Academic fees, and payment of Overseas student health cover to the International Services Unit
The steps above need to be completed before an electronic Confirmation of Enrolment (eCOE) can be issued. This document is required for the processing of your student visa.
Apply for a student visa
When you have received your eCOE you should submit this document along with other required documents online through the Department of Home Affairs website at www.homeaffairs.gov.au
Conditions will apply to your student visa. Please see Australian Student Visa for additional information on your visa conditions.
How to defer, change or withdraw before commencement of studies
Deferring your offer
If you have accepted your LoO you must advise the International Services Unit in writing that you wish to defer your studies at least 14 days before the commencement of the Semester in which you were to study. You must submit a new application form for the new start date. You may be required to pay additional tuition fees if you are commencing studies in the next calendar year.
If you have not accepted your letter of offer you should complete a new application form for the new Semester of commencement.
Changing your course
If you have accepted your LoO you must advise the International Services Unit in writing that you wish to change programs before the end of the second week of studies in the Semester in which your studies commence. You should submit a new application for the new program of study. Changing programs may result in you having to apply for your student visa again if the original eCOE has been processed.
If you have not accepted your original LoO please submit a new application form for the new program.
Withdrawing from studies before commencement of the program
If you decide to withdraw from your program before the commencement of classes you must advise the International Services Unit in writing 14 days before the commencement of the Semester of studies. If you do not withdraw from studies within this time you will not meet with refund of tuition fees requirements.