Apply for Accommodation
Before you apply for accommodation at CIT, please check that you meet the eligibility criteria:
- CIT accommodation and accommodation services are provided for international and regional Australian students. Students from the ACT are not eligible.
- Students under 18 years of age will not be admitted to the CIT student residence and will be recommended to homestay style accommodation and
- Accommodation is allocated on an equal basis for international and regional Australian students.
- Preference will be given to students:
- in their first year of studies at CIT;
- regional Australian students who have not previously lived away from home;
- Indigenous Australian students;
- students with disabilities which may be a barrier to gaining suitable accommodation.
When is the best time to apply?
- If your program starts in the first semester of a new study year we recommend you apply at the beginning of September the year before you commence study.
- By applying early you have a greater chance of being offered a room at the residence of your choice.
- You can still apply even if you are unsure of being offered a place at CIT.
- No fee payments are required with the booking form.
- If you are an international student or a domestic (regional) student and are approved to receive CIT accommodation, you will need to pay a placement fee of $150* (AUD) to be allocated a room and sign a contract for a two-semester period (one year) only.
- After your contract expires you are required to vacate.
- You can reapply to stay in your room but there are no guarantees you will be given another two-semester contract.
- A fee of $50.00* (AUD) will apply if you wish to change from agreed first placement to different accommodation.
- A fee of $150.00* (AUD) applies if you would like to be collected from the airport on arrival in Canberra.
- Airport reception is compulsory for students under 18 who are not being accompanied by their legal guardian to Australia
- A bond must be paid with one term's rent in advance or fortnightly payments can be arranged.
- CIT Accommodation policy requires that you stay in residence for the entire semester.
- If you leave before the semester finishes you will not receive a refund of rent paid and you will be liable to pay any rent outstanding for that semester
- You must be 18 years of age or over to apply for accommodation at the Bruce Campus Residence or Monterey Apartments.
*Fees subject to change.
You can apply for accommodation at a CIT Residence online.
Otherwise, information and application forms may be obtained by telephoning, emailing or writing to:
CITSA - CIT Accommodation Services
Postal Address: PO Box 826, Canberra ACT, 2601 Australia
Telephone: +61 2 6207 4661
Facsimile: +61 2 6207 3643
A PDF application form can be found here.
Apply for Homestay through AHN
You can apply for Homestay online through the Australian Homestay Network’s website at www.homestaynetwork.org/students/apply
Discover more about Homestay.