Apply for Accommodation
There are a few ways to apply for student accommodation at CIT.
1. Apply for CIT Accommodation Online
2. Apply Directly by Email or Mail
Download and print the application form and return it by mail or fax. Alternatively you can scan the complete form and return it via email.
CITSA Accommodation Services
PO Box 826, Canberra ACT, 2601 Australia
Telephone +61 2 6207 4661
3. Apply for Homestay through AHN
You can apply for Homestay online through the Australian Homestay Network’s website at www.homestaynetwork.org/students/apply
Discover more about Homestay.
4. Apply to the AIS Residences
You can apply for accommodation at the AIS Residences through the Experience AIS website at www.experienceais.com/stay-ais/long-stay
Discover more about the AIS Residences.
When is the best time to apply?
- If your program starts in the first semester of a new study year we recommend you apply at the beginning of September the year before you commence study.
- By applying early you have a greater chance of being offered a room at the residence of your choice. You can still apply even if you are unsure of being offered a place at CIT.
For more information about CIT’s accommodation options please Contact Us.
Things to note
- No fee payments are required with the booking form
- If you are an international student and are approved to receive CIT accommodation, you will need to pay a placement fee of $150* (AUD) to be allocated a room and sign a contract for a four term period (one year) only.
- If you are a domestic student and are approved to receive CIT accommodation, you will need to pay a placement fee of $75* (AUD) to be allocated a room and sign a contract for a four term period (one year) only.
- After your contract expires you are required to vacate.
- You can reapply to stay in your room but there are no guarantees you will be given another 4-term contract.
- A fee of $50.00* (AUD) will apply if you wish to change from agreed first placement to different accommodation.
- A fee of $150.00* (AUD) applies if you would like to be collected from the airport on arrival in Canberra.
- A bond must be paid with a terms rent in advance or fortnightly payments can be arranged.
- The CIT Accommodation policy requires that you stay in residence for the entire term. If you leave before the term finishes then you will not receive a refund of rent paid and you will be liable to pay any rent outstanding for that term.
- You must be 18 years of age or over to apply for accommodation at the Bruce Campus Residence and Monterey Apartments
*Fees subject to change.