Even if I am not on a student visa, and I am not a permanent resident, do I need to still apply for a course through the International Services Unit?

Yes. Depending on your situation, if you are on any other type of visa apart from an Australian permanent-resident visa, you must apply through the International Services Unit (ISU). Other visa types include Diplomatic, Working Holiday, Dependent, or Visitor Visas for example. Please phone our International Services Unit for more information.