Student Visas

How do I get a student visa?

When you are applying for a student visa to come to Australia it can take some time to process so ensure that you are well prepared with the appropriate documents so that it limits the amount of time it takes to be approved. To help you have a better understanding on this you can find out more information from the Department of Immigration and Border Protection.

What happens if my visa application was not successful?

If you receive written confirmation from the immigration office that your visa application has not been successful, you have 2 options:

  1. Forward the written confirmation to International Services Unit and advise that you would like to defer your studies to the following semester. A revised letter of offer and confirmation of enrolment will be issued for you to apply for your visa.
  2. Forward the written confirmation to the International Service Unit and request a refund. You will need to provide you bank account details (including a swift number) for this request to be actioned.

Even if I am not on a student visa, and I am not a permanent resident, do I need to still apply for a course through the International Services Unit?

Yes. Depending on your situation, if you are on any other type of visa apart from an Australian permanent-resident visa, you must apply through the International Services Unit (ISU). Other visa types include Diplomatic, Working Holiday, Dependent, or Visitor Visas for example. Please phone our International Services Unit for more information.