Nursing is a respected and growing industry that is essential for the health of the community. Our Diploma course prepares you to work in various health settings; including mental health, aged care, and hospitals.
CIT’s Diploma of Nursing is fully accredited by the Australian Nursing and Midwifery Accreditation Council (ANMAC). This means, when you complete your studies at CIT, you will be eligible to apply for your Australian Health Practitioner Regulation Agency (AHPRA) registration to become an Enrolled Nurse right away!
Mandatory clinical industry placement experience (minimum 400 unpaid hours in total) will be provided in areas such as acute care, aged care, mental health rehabilitation, community nursing, diabetic and wound clinics, primary health and palliative care. The hours generally are broken up in blocks of 1 week, 2 weeks or 3 weeks throughout the 3 semesters.
Why study nursing at cit?
- State-of-the-art, on-campus training hospital facility
- Clinical industry placement fully coordinated by CIT
- Fully accredited by the Australian Nursing and Midwifery Accreditation Council (ANMAC)
- Be eligible to apply for your Australian Health Practitioner Regulation Agency (AHPRA) registration to become an Enrolled Nurse right away!
- Many job opportunities in Canberra and throughout Australia
Use your mouse on the video below to get a 360` look at CIT's Nursing Lab.
Diploma of Nursing | HLT54115
TOTAL CIT PACKAGE: 1.5 years
Diploma of Nursing: 1.5 years
2020: February, April, July, October
2019: Semester 2 - $7,050
2020-2021: Semester 1 - $7,250 Semester 2 - $7,250
Material fees: $5,431
First Aid Training: $150 - $250
Police check (Code 13 Disabled Care provider/worker or Hospital Employment) from the Australian Federal Police*: $45 approx.
Nursing Kit: $150 approx.
Uniform: $150 approx.
Working With Vulnerable People Check: $135 approx.
*Please note a police check with a disclosure may prevent Industry Placement and therefore affect your entry and/or progress in the course
*Please note - Course fees are listed in $AUD and are based on a semester rate. Total course cost will vary depending on semester start date. Small fee increases may happen annually in line with CIT's fee pricing review. 2020 and 2021 fees subject to change.
- Year 12 Certificate (or equivalent) with at least a “C” grade average in English and Maths (completed within the last 10 years)
- Numeracy test - the college will email the Numeracy test information to you after you submit your application with CIT International.
- A police check – from the Australian Federal Police for “Code 13” – Disabled Care provider/worker or Hospital Employment ($45 approx)
- A letter from a General Practitioner confirming fitness to work as a nurse (cost of a general consultation) - please use letter from this link GP letter (MS WORD 381Kb)
- Evidence of current immunisation status for the following: Tuberculosis (TB), measles, mumps, rubella, varicella (Chicken pox), hepatitis B with titre, pertussis (whooping cough), diphtheria, tetanus and influenza (up to $400 approx)
- A current Senior First Aid Certificate (achieves National Unit of Competency First Aid HLTAID003) ($150-$250 approx)
- An ACT Working With Vulnerable People (WWVP) Card
Students over the age of 20 may be eligible for adult entry. Please refer to Entry Requirements for more information.
- IELTS: 7.0 overall (no band score less than 7.0)
- TOEFL iBT - 94 (minimum scores in each section: listening - 24, reading - 24, writing - 27, speaking - 23)
- PTE Academic - 65 (minimum of 65 in each band)
- Occupational English Test (OET): minimum score of B across all components
Students who achieve an IELTS 6.5 (Academic) can apply for the Certificate III in Individual Support (Ageing) which may provide a pathway into the Diploma of Nursing.
Students who achieve an IELTS 6.0 (Academic) can apply for the Certificate III in Individual Support (Ageing) and the Certificate IV in Ageing Support which may provide a pathway into the Diploma of Nursing.
Upon completion of the Aged Care program, students are required to sit an IELTS test and meet the Nursing entry requirement (Academic IELTS 7.0 with no band score less than 7.0).
Course Subjects - Diploma