CIT’s Accounting qualifications will provide you with the skills and knowledge you need to work in a variety of finance jobs, ranging from administrative or budget officer, to advanced roles in the banking and financial industries.
Our Diploma-level course will develop work-ready skills that will give you the edge as you enter the workforce. The Advanced Diploma is highly respected by the business, banking and financial industries in Australia and will provide you with the combination of hands-on training and comprehensive theoretical knowledge that you need to perform advanced accounting roles.
Students will participate in work placement for the Advanced Diploma qualification between 75-127.50 hours.
This qualification includes units that are recognised by the Tax Practitioners Board. Students seeking Tax Agent registration should obtain advice from the Tax Practitioners Board.
Why study at CIT?
- CIT's qualifications are prestigious, and graduates are highly regarded by business, banking and financial industries
- Hands-on training with high-level theory
- Teachers are accounting practitioners with current industry experience
- Learn recognised accounting software including MYOB
- Highly diverse classes with both Australian and international students
- Selected units are recognised by the Australian Tax Practitioners Board
- Flexibility with your study timetable to suit your needs (day or night classes)^
^Dependant on teacher availability.
Certificate III in Accounts Administration | FNS30317
Certificate IV in Accounting and Bookkeeping | FNS40217
Diploma of Accounting | FNS50222
Advanced Diploma of Accounting | FNS60222
New training packages will be introduced for the Certificate III and Certificate IV qualifications in 2023.
TOTAL CIT PACKAGE: 2 years
Certificate III: 6 months Certificate IV: 6 months Diploma: 6 months Advanced Diploma: 6 months
Certificate III and Certificate IV is delivered at CIT Reid
Diploma and Advanced Diploma is delivered at CIT Bruce
2023 Semester 1 (February) and Semester 2 (July)
CIT Reid; CIT Bruce
2023: $7,050 per semester ($7050 per qualification commenced in 2023)
Certificate III: Textbooks: $370 approx.
Certificate IV: Textbooks: $490 approx.
Diploma: Textbooks: $615 approx. Software: $70
Advanced Diploma: Textbooks: $740 approx.
*Textbooks are required for most subjects.
*Please note - Course fees are listed in $AUD and are based on a semester rate. Total course cost will vary depending on semester start date. Small fee increases may happen annually in line with CIT's fee pricing review. 2024 fees are subject to change.
- Year 12 Certificate or equivalent
Students over the age of 20 may be eligible for adult entry. Please refer to Entry Requirements for more information.
Students must meet one of the following English requirements:
- IELTS 5.5 (no band score less than 5.0)
- TOEFL iBT - 46
- PTE Academic - 42 (minimum of 36 in each band)
- Cambridge English test (C1 Advanced and B2 First) - 162
Course Subjects - Certificate III