Monterey Apartments are CIT's off-campus accommodation located in Canberra City, close to CIT Reid. These apartments are also close to our national museums and galleries, a wide variety of shops, restaurants, cafés, cinemas, clubs, pubs, theatres, transport and Canberra’s beautiful Lake Burley Griffin.
- Less than 10 minute walk to CIT Reid Campus.
- Located in Canberra City, close to museums, galleries, shops, restaurants, cafés, cinemas, clubs, pubs, theatres, transport and Canberra’s beautiful Lake Burley Griffin.
- Walking distance from Canberra’s largest Mall, the Canberra Centre and the City Bus Interchange.
CIT Monterey Apartments: 8 Boolee Street, Reid ACT 2612
- 18 rooms and 10 private car parking spaces.
- Shared bathroom, laundry facilities, kitchen and recreational room.
Each room contains:
- single bed
- built-in wardrobe
- large study desk
- small refrigerator
- column heater
- internet and phone lines (available at own cost).
Students need to supply their own bed linen, blankets, pillow and towel.
The kitchen has:
- lockable cupboards for non-perishable foods
- iron and ironing board
- vacuum cleaner
- mop and bucket
Students need to provide cutlery, crockery, cooking utensils, cleaning products and their own food.
Rent and Bond
Rent is kept affordable to ensure student residences are available to most students. The accommodation fee includes room, water, electricity and heating.
- Room type: Private single room
- Weekly rate: AUD $180*
- Bond: AUD $720*
Rent and Bond Details
Rent is $180.00* (AUD) per week.
- When you first move into the residence you must pay a terms rent in advance, or fortnightly payments can be arranged.
- You must also lodge a bond (totalling 4 weeks rent).
- If you stay in for the term break you will be charged the normal weeks rent.
- If you are away for the term break you will be charged $20.00* (AUD) per week and may be asked to place your belongings in storage.
Bond is $720.00* (AUD) or 4 weeks rent.
- All students pay that amount on signing a contract
- You will receive your bond back on vacating your room when you return your keys. This is under the condition that your room is left clean, there is no damage caused to CIT property, and there are no outstanding fees owing.
Apply for Accommodation Online
For more information about CIT’s accommodation options please contact CIT's Accommodation Officer:
Phone: +61 2 6207 4661
*Fees subject to change.