Living in Accommodation

How do I contact the Accommodation Officer?

The CIT Accommodation Officer at CITSA's (CIT Student Association) contact information is as follows:

What does a Residential Assistant (RA) do?

A Residential Assistant (RA) is a student who lives on campus at CIT Accommodation and is appointed by the CIT Accommodation Officer. The RA represents CIT according to the Institute's accommodation guidelines. RA's offer friendship and support on personal issues related to the residence and ensure a healthy and safe living environment.

How do I become an RA?

You need to submit a written letter expressing your interest to the Accommodation Officer at the International Services Unit listing your attributes and capabilities. You need to include character references from school principals, teachers or an employer also.

How do I contact my Residential Assistant (RA)?

When you arrive at your CIT residence you will be given your RA's contact information.

Who do I call in an emergency?

Depending on what type of emergency it is, the following action should be taken:

  • Fire - call emergency - 000 and request the fire brigade
  • Student injury - call emergency - 000 and request an ambulance
  • Police - call emergency -  000 and request for police

How do I report maintenance issues in student accommodation?

For urgent maintenance outside of business hours, please call Custom Security Services on 133 277.

During business hours and for non-urgent maintenance please send an email to the Accommodation Officer at the International Services Unit or contact them by phone

For urgent maintenance you contact the Accommodation Officer via phone or mobile (see above), OR the Estate Manager can be contacted on the numbers below:

  • Bruce Residence: Contact the Bruce Estate Manager - 6207 4000

Can I invite visitors to student residence?

Yes you may have visitors but they must leave the residence no later than 11.00pm.  No visitors are permitted to stay in the facility when you are not there or overnight.

Who do I call if there are conflicts in the accommodation residence?

You can call the Accommodation Officer in the office during business hours on (02) 6207 4661 or after hours on 0402 140 269 for emergency issues only. You can also contact your RA to assist you in sorting the conflict if it is after business hours.

When do I call the accommodation emergency mobile phone?

You should contact the emergency mobile phone when your problem is happening out of office hours when it is a serious issue, such as fire in the residence. For any life threatening situations 000 should be called.

What do I do if I get locked out of my room after business hours?

Contact your RA first. If you are unable to get in contact with your RA, try the following options:

  • If you are at Bruce residence you are able to contact Bruce Estate until approximately 9.00pm on 6207 4000