Early Childhood Education and Care
Working with children is an incredibly rewarding career path, and many job opportunities exist in this high-demand profession.
Learn about children through observation, discussion and practical experience. Nurture your understanding of child development and behaviour and build your skills and abilities in educating and caring for children. The Diploma will enhance your skills and enable you to lead teams, manage programs, and design and implement curriculum for children in childcare centres.
With 480 hours of unpaid industry experience fully coordinated by CIT, you will have the skills and confidence to be ready for employment. The professional work placements take place at different childcare services and can lead to casual or part-time employment opportunities.
(120 hours of unpaid industry placement each semester. Certificate III – 240 hours. Diploma – 240 hours.)
Why study at CIT?
- Modern on-campus childcare facility
- Learn from passionate and experienced early childhood educators
- Pathways into education and teaching degrees at university
- Gain professional experience by completing 120 hours of unpaid industry placement each semester
- Use CIT's industry network to connect you with employment opportunities
Certificate III in Early Childhood Education and Care | CHC30113
Diploma of Early Childhood Education and Care | CHC50113
TOTAL CIT PACKAGE: 2 years
Certificate III: 1 year Diploma: 1 year
2020: February, April, July, October
2019: Semester 2 - $7,050
2020-2021: Semester 1 - $7,250 Semester 2 - $7,250
Material Fees: $35
Material Fees: $35
*Please note - Course fees are listed in $AUD and are based on a semester rate. Total course cost will vary depending on semester start date. Small fee increases happen annually in line with CIT's fee pricing review. 2019 and 2020 fees subject to change.
- Year 12 Certificate (or equivalent)
Students over the age of 20 may be eligible for adult entry with relevant practical work or other professional experience. Please refer to Entry Requirements for more information.
- IELTS 6.0 (no band score less than 5.0)
- TOEFL iBT - 60
- PTE Academic - 50 (minimum of 36 in each band)
- Cambridge English test (C1 Advanced and B2 First) - 169
- Successful completion of CIT's English for Study and Life (Advanced)
Course Subjects - Certificate III
CIT InternationalT: +61 2 6207 4662
Postal AddressPO Box 226, Jamison ACT 2614
Physical AddressRoom C102, First Floor, Building C
Vowels Crescent, Canberra Institute of Technology, Bruce ACT 2617
CRICOS Provider | 00001K | RTO Code 0101
Page Updated: Tuesday, August 13, 2019 | © 2019 Canberra Institute of Technology. In the spirit of reconciliation, we acknowledge that we are on Ngunnawal land.