Beauty Therapy (Certificate IV)
In this unique course, you will get hands-on practice in our commercial beauty salons!
CIT’s comprehensive Certificate IV in Beauty Therapy will teach you a broad range of beauty therapy treatments and techniques including; skin and facial care, body massage, make-up, cosmetic tanning services, eyelash extensions and nail treatments.
You will be required to work closely with, and on, your fellow students and clients to practice, experience and refine new skills. Through our partnerships with Dermalogica and Kryolan you’ll have access to a world-recognised skin care range, industry experts and the latest beauty industry techniques. Start your career in beauty therapy with this job-ready qualification.
This Australian national qualification ensures graduates complete in the program with the skills, knowledge and etiquette comparable to international grading bodies and training curriculums including:
- CIDESCO - Comité International d'Esthétique et de Cosmétologie
- ITEC - International Therapy Examination Council
- CIBTAC - Confederation of International Beauty Therapy and Cosmetology
- City & Guilds
Delivered in industry-current and open-to-the-public salons, students develop skills and confidence to work on other students and clients under professional supervision.
Certificate IV in Beauty Therapy | SHB40115
TOTAL CIT PACKAGE: 1 year
Certificate IV: 1 year
Semester 1 (February) and Semester 2 (July) 2020
2020: Semester 1 - $6,850 Semester 2 - $6,850
Material fees: $1,250
*Please note - Course fees are listed in $AUD and are based on a semester rate. Total course cost will vary depending on semester start date. Small fee increases happen annually in line with CIT's fee pricing review. 2019 and 2020 fees subject to change.
- Year 12 Certificate or equivalent
Students over the age of 20 may be eligible for adult entry. Please refer to Entry Requirements for more information.
- IELTS 5.5 (no band score less than 5.0)
- TOEFL iBT - 46
- PTE Academic - 42 (minimum of 36 in each band)
- Cambridge English test (C1 Advanced and B2 First) - 162
- Successful completion of CIT's English for Study and Life (Upper Intermediate)
Course Subjects - Certificate IV