Do you want to unleash the artist within? Come to CIT and learn how to turn your creative passion into your career.
Our experienced, industry-skilled teachers will show you how to direct your imagination into producing artworks that show creativity, ingenuity and technique in your chosen art form. You will learn to take an idea from concept to realised artwork and draw from a range of inspirations and techniques that will form your lifelong artistic practice.
Artists work within and across many media and their practice may incorporate: ceramics, digital art, glasswork, drawing and illustration, jewellery making, painting, photo media, printmaking, sculpture, textile design and wood design.
Diploma of Visual Arts | CUA51115
2021 Semester 1 (February)
2022 Semester 1 (February)
2020-2021: Semester 1 - $7,250 Semester 2 - $7,250
Material fees: $600 approx.
Safety/protection equipment: $30 approx. (if applicable)
Two Sydney Art Gallery exhibitions: $150 approx. (optional)
Printing costs: $5 approx. per week during each semester
*Please note - Course fees are listed in $AUD and are based on a semester rate. Total course cost will vary depending on semester start date. Small fee increases may happen annually in line with CIT's fee pricing review. 2020 and 2021 fees subject to change.
- Year 12 Certificate (or equivalent)
- A portfolio of work that demonstrates your aptitude for design. A portfolio may be either:
- A collection of your own work from a range of activities and media types or
- A collection of design solutions that you have found while researching this area of design, showing you have an understanding and appreciation of design basics. Images should be accompanied by a paragraph explaining why you appreciate the image/design. These may include: drawing, photography, painting, printmaking or graphic design projects. You may also focus on an artist, architect or designer whose work you enjoy.
- Interview (or other negotiated process)
- Basic computing skills
Students over the age of 20 may be eligible for adult entry. Please refer to Entry Requirements for more information.
Students must meet one of the following English requirements:
- IELTS 5.5 (no band score less than 5.0)
- TOEFL iBT - 46
- PTE Academic - 42 (minimum of 36 in each band)
- Cambridge English test (C1 Advanced and B2 First) - 162
- Successful completion of CIT's English for Study and Life (Upper Intermediate)
Course Subjects - Diploma