Learn to design beautiful spaces with CIT’s Advanced Diploma of Interior Design! This two-year qualification will teach you how to research for designs, analyse client briefs and plan and cost the design of a space right down to construction. Also known as Interior Architects, Interior Designers plan and detail effective use of interior spaces with emphasis on space creation, planning living and working environments.
You’ll work alongside architects and builders with a series of interactive projects for interior residential, retail, commercial and institutional design spaces. This course combines different techniques of design communication, where you are able to use the latest software programs in the industry to produce computer aided drawings, 3D modelling, design and documentation.
The Advanced Diploma offers students work placement for up to 100 unpaid hours and undertake industry-level project work. Completing industry placement assists students in finding employment in the industry.
Advanced Diploma of Interior Design | MSF60118
2020 Semester 1 (February)
2021 Semester 1 (February)
2020-2021: Semester 1 - $7,250 Semester 2 - $7,250
Material fees: $1033 approx.
Equipment kit: $270 approx.
Printing costs: $10 approx. per week during each semester
*Please note - Course fees are listed in $AUD and are based on a semester rate. Total course cost will vary depending on semester start date. Small fee increases happen annually in line with CIT's fee pricing review. 2019 and 2020 fees subject to change.
- Year 12 Certificate (or equivalent)
- Interview (or other negotiated process)
- A portfolio of recent work or work that demonstrates your aptitude for design. Portfolios may contain examples of design solutions from a range of activities and media types and may include: drawing, photography, painting, printmaking or any graphic design projects you have undertaken
Students over the age of 20 may be eligible for adult entry. Please refer to Entry Requirements for more information.
Students must meet one of the following English requirements:
- IELTS 6.0 (no band score less than 5.0)
- TOEFL iBT - 60
- PTE Academic - 50 (minimum of 36 in each band)
- Cambridge English test (C1 Advanced and B2 First) - 169
- Successful completion of CIT's English for Study and Life (Advanced)
Course Subjects - Advanced Diploma