Learn to design beautiful spaces with CIT’s Advanced Diploma of Interior Design! This two-year qualification will teach you how to research for designs, analyse client briefs, and plan and cost the design of a space right down to construction. Also known as Interior Architects, Interior Designers plan and detail effective use of interior spaces with an emphasis on space creation, planning living and working environments.
You will work alongside architects and builders with a series of interactive projects for interior residential, retail, commercial and institutional design spaces. This course combines different techniques of design communication, where you are able to use the latest software programs in the industry to produce computer-aided drawings, 3D modelling, design and documentation.
CIT has strong links with the Interior Design industry which provides students with the opportunity to participate in unpaid work experience. This experience furthers their understanding of the Interior Design industry and will assist students in finding employment in the industry.
Advanced Diploma of Interior Design | MSF60118
2022 Semester 1 (February)
2023 Semester 1 (February)
2022: $7,250 per semester
2023: $7,450 per semester
Material fees: $1,033 approx. Equipment kit: $270 approx. Printing costs: $10 approx. per week during each semester
*Please note - Course fees are listed in $AUD and are based on a semester rate. Total course cost will vary depending on semester start date. Small fee increases may happen annually in line with CIT's fee pricing review. 2022 and 2023 fees are subject to change.
- Year 12 Certificate (or equivalent)
- Interview (or other negotiated process)
- A portfolio of work that demonstrates your aptitude for design. A portfolio may be either:
- A collection of your own work from a range of activities and media types or
- A collection of design solutions that you have found while researching this area of design, showing you have an understanding and appreciation of design basics. Images should be accompanied by a paragraph explaining why you appreciate the image/design. These may include: drawing, photography, painting, printmaking or graphic design projects. You may also focus on an artist, architect or designer whose work you enjoy.
Students over the age of 20 may be eligible for adult entry. Please refer to Entry Requirements for more information.
Students must meet one of the following English requirements:
- IELTS 6.0 (no band score less than 5.0)
- TOEFL iBT - 60
- PTE Academic - 50 (minimum of 36 in each band)
- Cambridge English test (C1 Advanced and B2 First) - 169
Course Subjects - Advanced Diploma