The CIT Advanced Diploma of Graphic Design is well regarded by industry. Work with the latest Adobe software and Mac technology to develop complex design concepts and produce designs that meet clients’ needs for a range of visual communication outcomes.
You’ll get hands-on with an industry placement. This course also gives you highly specialised technical, creative and conceptual abilities and knowledge in developing corporate branding, packaging design, publication design, web graphics, websites, 2D animations and exhibitions of your work.
Up to 120 unpaid hours in the 4th semester, coordinated by CIT staff.
Diploma of Graphic Design | CUA50715
Advanced Diploma of Graphic Design | CUA60315
TOTAL CIT PACKAGE: 2 years
Diploma: 1.5 years Advanced Diploma: 6 months
Students receiving credit with a Diploma of Graphic Design from another institution may need to enrol into CIT's Advanced Diploma for 12 months. Students will be advised on the duration as part of the assessment process, so please ensure all academic transcripts are provided with the application.
2020 Semester 1 (February)
2021 Semester 1 (February)
2020-2021: Semester 1 - $7,250 Semester 2 - $7,250
Laptop (preferred but not essential) eg. MacBook Pro: approx $2,000-$3,000
Software Adobe CC subscription: approx $500
Hard drive: approx $100
Printing & Mounting costs: approx $200
*Please note - Course fees are listed in $AUD and are based on a semester rate. Total course cost will vary depending on semester start date. Small fee increases may happen annually in line with CIT's fee pricing review. 2020 and 2021 fees subject to change.
- Year 12 Certificate or equivalent
- Interview (or other negotiated process)
- A portfolio of recent work or work that demonstrates your aptitude for design. Portfolios may contain examples of design solutions from a range of activities and media types and may include: drawing, photography, painting, printmaking or any graphic design projects you have undertaken
Students over the age of 20 may be eligible for adult entry. Please refer to Entry Requirements for more information.
Students must meet one of the following English requirements:
- IELTS 5.5 (no band score less than 5.0)
- TOEFL iBT - 46
- PTE Academic - 42 (minimum of 36 in each band)
- Cambridge English test (C1 Advanced and B2 First) - 162
- Successful completion of CIT's English for Study and Life (Upper Intermediate)
Course Subjects - Diploma
CIT InternationalT: +61 2 6207 4662
Postal AddressPO Box 226, Jamison ACT 2614
Physical AddressRoom C102, First Floor, Building C
Vowels Crescent, Canberra Institute of Technology, Bruce ACT 2617
CRICOS Provider | 00001K | RTO Code 0101
Page Updated: Tuesday, August 6, 2019 | © 2019 Canberra Institute of Technology. In the spirit of reconciliation, we acknowledge that we are on Ngunnawal land.