CIT offers a range of accommodation options to suit almost every need with on-campus, off-campus and homestay accommodation!
- On-campus accommodation: a footstep away from classes means you will never be late!
- Off-campus accommodation: short distance to CIT Reid and within walking distance of shopping and recreational centres
- Homestay: stay with an Australian family and experience the exchange of culture in a supportive learning environment
- Rent your own property: rent your own accommodation in Canberra or rent a share house with others.
Accommodation Options for International and Regional Students
CIT Bruce Residence has been built in a semi-bush environment and is located on the northside of Canberra City in the grounds of CIT Bruce. The residence is a three-minute walk from classrooms, canteen, library, gym and the International Services Unit.
Monterey Apartments are located in Canberra City, close to CIT Reid. Positioned centrally, these apartments are also close to our national museums and galleries, shops, restaurants, cafes, cinemas, theatres, transport and Canberra’s beautiful Lake Burley Griffin.
Homestay living with a Canberra family is a great way for you to enjoy your first visit to the National Capital. A family offer a welcoming environment for you to concentrate on your studies and provides a stable base for your new life in Canberra.
Students have the option to independently rent their own property in Canberra or live in share accommodation with other people/students. There are hundreds of properties to choose from and helpful websites available to aid in your search.
The Australian Institute of Sports (AIS) Residences are set among landscaped gardens at the AIS Canberra Campus in Bruce. The AIS Residence are blocks with 12 single rooms each, daily breakfast and dinner in the Residences Dining Hall, free laundry facilities and free internet!
CIT Residence Features
All residences are located within close proximity to public transport, large shopping malls, grocery stores, restaurants, cafés and CIT campuses.
Students self-cater at each of the residences, though the residences provide comfortable fully furnished single bedroom accommodation that includes:
- Phone and Internet ports
- Small fridge/freezer
- Shared kitchen
- Shared bathroom
- Living room
- Television and VCR
- Car parking
Monterey Apartments and Bruce Campus Residence provide wheel chair access to students with disability.
- Each residence has the same policies, procedures and house rules. These are outlined in the handbook and contracts issued at commencement of a student’s accommodation.
- Students need to supply their own bed linen, blankets, pillow and towels. Students will also need to provide cutlery, crockery, cooking utensils, cleaning products and their own food. The kitchen, bathroom and laundry facilities are shared with other students.
- Applications for accommodation in the CIT Student Residences are accepted throughout the year from international and regional students over 18 years of age, who have been accepted to study a full time course at the CIT.
- Accommodation applications must be fully completed and returned to the Accommodation Officer along with the CIT course acceptance letter before processing can begin.
Rent is kept affordable to ensure student residences are available to most students. The accommodation fee includes room, electricity, water and heating.
Prior to commencing accommodation in residence, students must pay a term’s rent in advance or fortnightly payments can be arranged. Each student must also lodge a bond and pay the bond on signing an accommodation contract. This bond will be refunded to the student after vacating their room pending successful inspection.