***Please be advised that the University of Canberra (UC) has amended its activities in India, Pakistan and Vietnam. Please note the following restrictions for UC applications apply as of 15 December 2014:
- India. Applications remain closed for Punjab and Haryana.
- Pakistan. Please note applications remain closed for any student from the states of Azad Kashmir, Khyber Pakhtunkhwa or Swat Valley (including districts, cities and villages located within these states) and from the cities of Abbottabad, Sialkot and Quetta.
- Vietnam. Applications for any student from the regions of: Hai Duong, Hai Phong, Ha Tinh, Nghe An,Quang Binh, Quang Ninh, Thai Binh, Thanh Hoa (including districts, cities and villages located within these regions) remain closed.
Follow the steps below to assist you in applying:
1. Obtain an application
2. Complete the application form
- You will need to fill in all the required sections of the form
- Attach all supporting documentation that is included in the program entry requirements
- Attach a copy of your passport or birth certificate
- Attach a recent passport photograph
If you are currently in Australia stuyding on a student visa or other visa you will also need to:
- Attach a copy of your current visa
- Attach all confirmation of enrolments (COE's)
- Attach current academic transcripts
- Attach relevant completion certificates
3. Submit the application form
To: International Services Unit (ISU)
PO Box 226
Jamison ACT 2614
Scan documents and email to email@example.com
9.00 am - 5.00 pm Monday to Friday - 9.00 am - 3.00 pm Wednesday
C102, Building C (upstairs)
Canberra Institute of Technology
Through your CIT in Country Representative (Educational Agent)
We will require original documentation before acceptance.
+612 6207 4666
4. Receiving a Letter of Offer
- Your application will be assessed. If successful, a Letter of Offer will be issued, if not further information may be requested. Your Letter of Offer will explain the course that you have been accepted in, the amount of fees which you will need to pay, fees for overseas health cover. It will also explain entry conditions that you will need to read carefully before signing.
- Your Letter of Offer may have conditions that you will be required to meet in order for us to accept payment and issue your Confirmation of Enrolment (eCOE).
5. Receiving your Confirmation of Enrolment (eCOE)
- When you have met these conditions and sent us the signed acceptance letter and visa requirements form, you will be eligible to pay the tuition fees for your first semester of studies (this amount will be on your Letter of Offer), Overseas Health Cover (this amount will be on your Letter of Offer) and accommodation fees if you require these services.
- Payment details are emailed to you when the above steps have been completed. You can contact us if you require further details. Please ensure all payments are made in Australian Dollars.
- Once we have received payment we will issue a Confirmation of Enrolment (eCOE). You will need to take to your eCOE to your closest Australian Diplomatic mission to apply got your student visa.
- If you have gone through a CIT in country representative they will be able to assist you when you apply for your student visa. If you are applying for your student visa directly you can obtain information from the Department of Immigration and Border Protection www.immi.gov.au or your local Australian Diplomatic Mission.
6. Coming to Australia!
- Once you have been granted your visa you should let us know the details of your arrival. You will need to ensure that you arrive at least a couple of days before orientation so that you can familiarise yourself with Canberra. See Arriving in Australia for further information.
- If you require accommodation you will need to complete an accommodation booking form and attach it with your payment.