Follow the steps below to assist you in applying:
1. Obtain an application
2. Complete the application form
- You will need to fill in all the required areas of the form
- Attach any documentation that is included in entry requirements
- Attach a copy of your passport or birth certificate
- Attach a recent passport photograph
3. Submit the application form
International Services Unit (ISU)
PO Box 226
Jamison ACT 2614
+ 61 2 6207 4666
Scan documents and email to firstname.lastname@example.org
9.00 am - 5.00 pm Monday to Friday - 9.00 am - 4.00 pm Wednesday
C102, Building C (upstairs)
Canberra Institute of Technology
Through your CIT in Country Representative (Educational Agent)
We will require original documentation before acceptance.
4. Receiving a Letter of Offer
- Your application will be assessed. If successful, a Letter of Offer will be issued, if not further information may be requested. Your Letter of Offer will explain the course that you have been accepted in, the amount of fees which you will need to pay, fees for overseas health cover, and choices for accommodation and airport reception. It will also explain entry conditions that you will need to read carefully before signing.
- Your Letter of Offer may have conditions that you will be required to meet in order for us to accept payment and issue your Confirmation of Enrolment (eCOE).
5. Receiving your Confirmation of Enrolment (eCOE)
- You should now send us the signed acceptance letter along with the tuition fees for your first semester of studies (this amount will be on your Letter of Offer), Overseas Health Cover (this amount will be on your Letter of Offer) and accommodation fees if you require these services.
- Payment options are explained in your Letter of Offer. You can contact us if you require further details. Please ensure all payments are in Australian Dollars.
- Once we have received payment we will issue a Confirmation of Enrolment (eCOE). You will need to take to your eCOE to your closest Australian Diplomatic mission to obtain your student visa.
- If you have gone through a CIT in country representative they will be able to assist you when you apply for your student visa. If you are applying for your student visa directly you can obtain information from the Department of Immigration and Citizenship www.immi.gov.au or your local Australian Diplomatic Mission.
6. Coming to Australia!
- Once you have been granted your visa you should let us know the details of your arrival. You will need to ensure that you arrive at least a couple of days before orientation so that you can familiarise yourself with Canberra. See Arriving in Australia for further information.
- If you require accommodation you will need to complete an accommodation booking form and attach it with your payment.