Learn the art of making beautiful and complex dessert creations, where the only limit is your imagination. Our award-winning teaching staff will give you the specialist skills and knowledge you need to make your culinary dreams come true.
Train in world-class commercial kitchens and gain practical skills and experience to become a nationally recognised and qualified pastry chef. Master your skills in pastry making, chocolate and sugar work, yeast goods, gateaux, cake making, and petit fours.
Further your career options by learning high-level business, strategic, financial and personnel functions of the broader hospitality industry, with CIT’s Diploma and Advanced Diploma courses.
Establish future career opportunities and experience the industry first-hand with 720 hours of paid industry experience! (Approximate hours: Certificate III – 400 hours. Certificate IV – 200 hours. Diploma – 120 hours)
Why study at CIT?
- Seven training kitchens on campus
- In-house commercial restaurant and cafe
- Learn from award-winning chefs
- Use CIT's network to connect you to employment opportunities
- Be part of the exciting food scene in the Canberra region with plenty of job opportunities for hospitality students
- Get support to find industry placement
Certificate III in Patisserie | SIT31016
Certificate IV in Patisserie | SIT40716
Diploma of Hospitality Management | SIT50416
Advanced Diploma of Hospitality Management | SIT60316
CIT PACKAGE: 2 years
Certificate III: 1 year Certificate IV: 6 months Diploma: 6 months
Take your career further by learning strategic, financial and personnel functions of the broader hospitality industry
TOTAL CIT PACKAGE: 2.5 years
Advanced Diploma: 6 months
2021 Semester 1 (February) and Semester 2 (July)
2022 Semester 1 (February) and Semester 2 (July)
Certificate III, Certificate IV & Diploma
2020-2021: Semester 1 - $8,650 Semester 2 - $8,650
2020-2021: Semester 1 - $6,850 Semester 2 - $6,850
Certificate III: Material fees: $300, Uniform: $180, Trade tools: $370
Diploma: Material fees $120
Advanced Diploma: Textbooks $300
*Please note - Course fees are listed in $AUD and are based on a semester rate. Total course cost will vary depending on semester start date. Small fee increases may happen annually in line with CIT's fee pricing review. 2021 and 2022 fees subject to change.
- Year 12 Certificate or equivalent
Students over the age of 20 may be eligible for adult entry. Please refer to Entry Requirements for more information.
- IELTS 5.5 in all skill bands
- TOEFL iBT - 46
- PTE Academic - 42 (minimum of 42 in each band)
- Cambridge English test (C1 Advanced and B2 First) - 162
- Successful completion of CIT's English for Study and Life (Upper Intermediate)
Course Subjects - Certificate III