Start your diverse and exciting career in commercial photography! CIT’s Photography and Photo Imaging courses will develop your professional photography skills through a focus on practice. You will learn to use the latest technology and equipment at our top-of-the-range facilities to be able to meet professional standards of workflow, output and distribution.
You will work individually and in groups to produce professional folios, learning about composition, enhancement, manipulation, printing and output for commercial purposes. By continuing through to the diploma, you will learn the business aspects of professional photography, making you ready to work from a studio or in a range of locations.
Certificate IV in Photography and Photo Imaging | CUA41115
Diploma of Photography and Photo Imaging | CUA50915
TOTAL CIT PACKAGE: 2 years
Certificate IV: 1 year Diploma: 1 year
2020 Semester 1 (February) and Semester 2 (July)
2021 Semester 1 (February) and Semester 2 (July)
2020-2021: Semester 1 - $7,250 Semester 2 - $7,250
Certificate IV: Material fees: $400 approx.
Diploma: Material fees: $620 approx.
Additional Equipment – cost may vary depending on how and where these are purchased:
- DSLR camera with, ideally, a mid-range zoom lens, e.g., 24-70mm (teachers can offer recommendations, loan cameras are available in the interim)
- Computer – PC or Mac (iMac is suitable)
- 2 x 1TB USB powered hard drive formatted for PC and MAC
- USB thumb drives
- CF and/or SD card reader and at least two memory cards (minimum 16 GB each)
- Flash sync adapter if your camera has no flash
- Portable flash (speedlights)
*Please note - Course fees are listed in $AUD and are based on a semester rate. Total course cost will vary depending on semester start date. Small fee increases happen annually in line with CIT's fee pricing review. 2019 and 2020 fees subject to change.
- Year 12 Certificate (or equivalent)
- A portfolio of 15-20 of your best photographs. Photos can be varied in concept or subject matter or can be representative of a single exploration; Prints should be up to A4 (8”x10”) in size; Images can be digital, analogue, colour or black and white (Diploma only)
- Interview (or other negotiated process) (Diploma only)
- Basic computing skills
Students over the age of 20 may be eligible for adult entry. Please refer to Entry Requirements for more information.
Students must meet one of the following English requirements:
- IELTS 5.5 (no band score less than 5.0)
- TOEFL iBT - 46
- PTE Academic - 42 (minimum of 36 in each band)
- Cambridge English test (C1 Advanced and B2 First) - 162
- Successful completion of CIT's English for Study and Life (Upper Intermediate)
Course Subjects - Certificate IV
CIT InternationalT: +61 2 6207 4662
Postal AddressPO Box 226, Jamison ACT 2614
Physical AddressRoom C102, First Floor, Building C
Vowels Crescent, Canberra Institute of Technology, Bruce ACT 2617
CRICOS Provider | 00001K | RTO Code 0101
Page Updated: Tuesday, August 6, 2019 | © 2019 Canberra Institute of Technology. In the spirit of reconciliation, we acknowledge that we are on Ngunnawal land.