If you dream of a career in film or television, CIT’s Media Production courses will lay the foundations for a brilliant career. These courses will introduce you to media production through a range of practical tasks involved in film, television and digital media. This crucial knowledge base will make you ready to join the Australian media industry.
The Diploma and Advanced Diploma courses provide the detailed knowledge you will need to lead in the media industry and pursue careers in direction and the management of productions. You will develop advanced skills in media functions such as in film and TV production, sound, research, editing and filmmaking. By completing the Advanced Diploma, you will be able to work confidently and efficiently in studio or location settings at all levels of the industry.
Certificate III in Screen and Media | CUA31015
Certificate IV in Screen and Media | CUA41215
Diploma of Screen and Media | CUA51015
Advanced Diploma of Screen and Media | CUA60615
TOTAL CIT PACKAGE: 2 years
Certificate III: 6 months Certificate IV: 6 months Diploma: 6 months Advanced Diploma: 6 months
Offered as a 2 year package only.
2020 Semester 1 (February)
2021 Semester 1 (February)
2020-2021: Semester 1 - $7,250 Semester 2 - $7,250
Certificate III: Material fees: $335, Crew shirt: $40 approx., External hard drive: $95 approx.
Certificate IV, Diploma, Advanced Diploma: Material fees: $410-480
*Please note - Course fees are listed in $AUD and are based on a semester rate. Total course cost will vary depending on semester start date. Small fee increases may happen annually in line with CIT's fee pricing review. 2020 and 2021 fees subject to change.
- Year 12 Certificate (or equivalent) with passes in English and one or more units in media, information technology or creative art
- A portfolio of recent work or work that demonstrates your aptitude for design. Portfolios may contain examples of design solutions from a range of activities and media types and may include: drawing, photography, painting, printmaking or any graphic design projects you have undertaken OR
- Attend an interview to demonstrate skills and knowledge equivalent to those gained in the Certificate III in Media
Students over the age of 20 may be eligible for adult entry. Please refer to Entry Requirements for more information.
Students must meet one of the following English requirements:
- IELTS 6.0 (no band score less than 5.0)
- TOEFL iBT - 60
- PTE Academic - 50 (minimum of 36 in each band)
- Cambridge English test (C1 Advanced and B2 First) - 169
- Successful completion of CIT's English for Study and Life (Advanced)
Course Subjects - Certificate III