Important Things to Remember
- Keep records of ALL payments, including cheque and money order stubs, bank and credit card statements and receipt details, as PROOF OF PAYMENT.
- International students are required to pay their full semester fees before the commencement of each new semester. Please note: All new students will be issued with CIT bank account details for payment once you have met all conditions on your Letter of Offer.
- You are able to pay your fees at the CIT Student Services or at the International Services Unit (ISU).
- The ISU sends out invoices to students prior to the due date, so it is important to keep all your contact details up to date at all times (e.g. home address, mobile phone number, email, postal address etc.). This is one of your student visa requirements. If the ISU staff don't have your new contact information it means they can’t contact you to send you important information and invoices.
- If you need to change your address please fill out the Student Change of Address Form.
Electronic Payment – CIT's preferred method of payment
- Continuing students – Fees may be paid over the Internet. Please forward a copy of your receipt to firstname.lastname@example.org or fax to +61 2 62074666.
- New students – Fees may be paid by telegraphic transfer. Please forward a copy of your receipt to email@example.com or fax to +61 2 62074666.
*These hours are not applicable during the end of year school holidays (mid December to early January) or public holiday periods as these offices will be closed.
- Continuing students – You can pay your fees in person during normal service hours at the CIT Student Services on each campus and pay over the counter via EFTPOS and Credit Card only.
Student Services do not accept cash payments. You must be aware that if
you are paying by EFTPOS your card may have a daily limit on it, so
please check this with your bank. Students can also pay at the International Services Unit directly. Please present your Tuition fee invoice issued by International Services Unit.
- New students – If you are in Canberra, you can pay your fees in person during normal office hours at the International Services Unit (ISU) directly.
- Office hours* – International Services Unit (ISU) (Payments)
Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, Friday: 9.00am – 4.00pm
Wednesday: 9.00am – 1.00pm
- Counter hours* – CIT Student Services (Payments)
Monday to Thursday: 9.00am – 5.30pm
Fridays: 9.00am - 4.00pm
- New and continuing students – Pay by phone using your Credit card. A receipt will be posted out to you.
In the Mail
- New and continuing students – You can post a cheque or money order to the International Services Unit. A receipt will be posted out to you.
Tuition Fees & Refunds
Individual course pages contain fee information for your course. Remember that course fees can change and you should refer to your letter of offer for the fees amount payable.
There may be additional fees payable for classroom notes and texts, stationery, uniforms, equipment, excursions or other costs connected to your course such as art materials, cooking or hairdressing kits. These extra costs may be listed on the website within your course information page but it is recommended that you clarify these additional costs with your Pastoral Care Support Officer.
English Language Course Fees
If you need to complete an English Language Intensive Course for Overseas Students (ELICOS) before you start your formal qualification, you will need to pay the fees for the ELICOS course as well.
Under certain circumstances, you may be eligible to obtain a refund for your student course fees. Refunds are subject to the Refund of Tuition Fees conditions which are found in the Entry Conditions Form on your letter of offer.
Please see our Frequently Asked Questions for answers to more questions about Finance.