Information and application forms may be obtained by telephoning, emailing or writing to:
PO Box 226
Jamison ACT 2614
Telephone +61 2 6207 4661
Facsimile +61 2 6207 4666
Please print and complete the form and return it by mail or fax. Alternatively you can scan the complete form and return it via email.
When is the best time to apply?
- If your program starts in the first semester of a new study year we recommend you apply at the beginning of September the year before you commence study.
- By applying early you have a greater chance of being offered a room at the residence of your choice. You can still apply even if you are unsure of being offered a place at CIT.
- No fee payments are required with the booking form
- If you are a international student and are approved to receive CIT accommodation you will need to pay a placement fee of $150 (AUD) to be allocated a room and sign a contract for a four term period (one year) only.
- If you are a domestic student and are appoved to receive CIT accommodation you will need to pay a placement fee of $75 (AUD) to be allocated a room and sign a contract for a four term period (one year) only.
- After this contract expires you are required to vacate.
- You can reapply to stay in your room but there are no guarantees you will be given another 4-term contract.
- A fee of $50.00* (AUD) will apply if you wish to change from agreed first placement to different accommodation.
- A fee of $150.00* (AUD) applies if you would like to be collected from the airport on arrival in Canberra. Airport reception is compulsory for students under 18 who are not being accompanied by their legal guardian to Australia.
- A bond must be paid with a terms rent in advance or fortnightly payments can be arranged.
- The CIT Accommodation policy requires that you stay in residence for the entire term. If you leave before the term finishes then you will not receive a refund of rent paid and you will be liable to pay any rent outstanding for that term.
- You must be 18 years of age or over to apply for accommodation at the Bruce Campus Residence and Monterey Apartments
*Fees subject to change.